Terms & Conditions
By using this website you confirm that you are at least 18 years old or if you are not at least 18 years old, that you have the authority/consent of your parent or guardian to do so. Please make sure you:
Read through these Terms and Conditions carefully before using this website, as your use of the website will signify your agreement to be bound by them.
Print a copy for future reference.
Also read our Privacy Statement section regarding your personal information.
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any such changes will take effect from when they are posted on the website (see date at the top) and it is your responsibility to read the Terms and Conditions on each occasion that you use this website. Your continued use of the website shall signify your acceptance to be bound by the latest terms and conditions.
Sunglassessave.com prices are exclusive to internet sales and, although part of the OPTIX Group, retail sales from the OPTIX store are subject to a minimum additional £20.00 service / fitting fee.
1. The contract between Sunglasses Save and the customer is subject to receipt of full payment. Our receipt and acceptance of full payment forms a legally binding contract between us.
2. On payment via Sage Pay, PayPal or Bank Transfer, you will receive an email to confirm receipt of your payment. We reserve the right to decline acceptance of the payment and should we choose to do so, the contract between us and you will be cancelled.
3. Full payment for all orders is taken by Sunglasses Save once the product is confirmed as available from either our own stock, from the relevant manufacturer's stock or when placed on order awaiting delivery of new stock.
3. Product Pricing
1. Products are priced on the website in GB Pound Sterling (£) and include VAT (Value Added Tax) at the prevailing rate.
2. All sales are made in GB Pound Sterling (GBP) and will be recalculated to customer's local currency by Sage Pay, PayPal or, in the case of Bank Transfer, your bank. Sunglasses Save will not be responsible for any currency exchange rate fluctuation from the time payment is accepted by us, to the time funds are debited from your personal bank account, nor for any costs or commissions for so doing.
3. VAT will be charged to all customers where delivery is to an address within the European Community and VAT will be deducted from all orders delivered to an address outside the European Community. Our VAT Number is: GB577750106
4. You may be required to pay delivery charges, as defined on the website.
4. Consumer's Rights to Cancellation of Contract
1. The customer has the right to cancel the contract for most goods and services within seven working days, provided we are notified by e-mail or recorded delivery letter to our contact address. For goods, the cancellation period ends on the expiry of the period of seven working days beginning with the day after the day on which the consumer receives the goods and for services this period runs from the day the contract was concluded.
2. In addition to 4.1, we offer the customer the right to return the products within 14 days from receipt of items.
3. If the customer receives the goods prior to cancellation of the contract Sunglasses Save must be notified at email@example.com and the customer is responsible to return the product to our Head Office address at their own risk and cost. If the customer contacts us wishing to cancel the contract and we have already dispatched the product, the customer must not unpack the items when they arrive. The customer must promptly return the product to our Head Office address at their own risk and cost. We highly recommend customer returned goods are sent by registered post with insurance value to cover original price paid for the goods. When goods are returned from outside the UK or EU, the sender should declare the goods as being "Returned to original supplier", in order to reduce any additional and contra chargeable costs of VAT and / or Customs Duty which may be applied.
4. When we are notified that the customer will be cancelling the contract, we will credit your account as soon as possible and in any case within a period not exceeding 30 days beginning with the day on which the notice of cancellation was given, provided the goods are received by us unused and in the condition that they were delivered to you. The customer will bear responsibility for the risk and cost of the return of the product to our Head Office address. We highly recommend customer returned goods are sent by registered post with insurance value to cover original price paid for the goods. When goods are returned from outside the UK or EU, the sender should declare the goods as being "Returned to original supplier", in order to reduce any additional and contra chargeable costs of VAT and / or Customs Duty which may be applied.
5. For contract cancellation the customer must notify us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Product Items must be returned in the original packaging. Damage sustained in the delivery process is the responsibility of the customer who can claim back all costs from the delivery company they have used. Should the product items be damaged in transit we reserve the right to return them to the customer. Product items must be returned with all branded material and accessories such as cloths, cases, adhesive protectors or labels, instructions, guarantees, certificates of authenticity and presentation boxes.
6. All returns must adhere to our Returns Policy.
7. Our original postage and associated administration costs will not be refunded (UK Mainland and EU countries at 8.00GBP per item, all other countries at 16.00GBP per item) when items are returned unwanted. In cases where items are returned for exchange, these charges may be reduced by 50%, solely at our discretion.
8. Returns may be subject to an additional re-stocking and associated administration charge (minimum 10.00GBP) to cover any costs to reinstate returned goods to perfect and complete saleable condition, in cases where goods are not returned as received.
9. Products returned showing signs of having been used or mis-handled will not be accepted back for refund. In such cases, the goods will be returned to the customer at their expense, at the rates shown in Clause 4.7, and only when full payment has been received by us.
10. Customers ordering prescription eyewear, custom-made to their individual specification and which cannot be used by any other persons, will not have the right to cancel the contract of supply once the order has been confirmed and payment accepted by us.
5. Cancellation by us
1. We have rights to cancel the contract in the following circumstances:
i. We do not have the ordered items in stock ii. We do not deliver to your region iii. The products ordered were listed at an incorrect price due to human typographic error.
2. If we do cancel your contract, we will notify you by e-mail and will re-credit to your account any amount charged by us, by way of the original payment method or by cheque (in GB Pounds), as soon as possible and in any case within a period not exceeding 30 days of the order being placed. We shall not be obligated to offer any additional compensation.
1. All UK orders are delivered by Royal Mail First Class Recorded or Next Day Special Delivery and require a signature on receipt. Delivery is normally one working day, but can take up to 14 days. All international orders are sent by Royal Mail International Sign For Delivery and require a signature on receipt. Delivery is normally within one week, but due to delays at Customs and variations in local postal services, may take up to 25 working days.
2. Product items will be posted to the delivery address provided to us at the point of sale. If there is a change of delivery address we must be notified before the delivery is processed. Responsibility for collection from addresses incorrectly given to us at the point of sale and all associated costs to receive the products, remain the responsibility of the customer. Should you not be there to accept the delivery, you may be required to collect product items from your the nearest office of the delivery service / post office.
3. We always strive to deliver UK orders within 1 working day. Most International orders are received in 4 to 12 days. For UK deliveries products are not classified as missing in the post until 15 working days from the posting date and postal services are unable to take any action within this time. After the 15 working day period we immediately start a search for the delivery and either re-supply the product or offer a full refund. For international deliveries products are not classified as missing in the post until 25 working days from the posting date and postal services are unable to take any action within this time. After the 25 working day period we immediately start a search for the delivery and either re-supply the product or offer a full refund. We will not be liable for any consequential compensation claim arising from non-delivery of goods due to loss or for any other reason
4. We are not liable for failed delivery caused by non - availability for signature on delivery, acceptance of goods by an unknown person at the delivery address given or incorrect address information. If delivery fails for these reasons we may charge again for delivery costs or deduct delivery cost in the case that a refund is requested.
5. On receipt of your product you are responsible for them and responsible in case of loss or damage while they are in your care.
6. Should products be delivered to you damaged in transit you must notify us within two hours of receipt of the items, so that we can claim for postal insurance.
7. For international deliveries, the customer is responsible to pay all duties and taxes that may be levied on product being imported, as legally required by the country of destination
Nothing contained within these Terms & Conditions is meant to limit any rights you have as a consumer by law or statutory right, nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
1. We will not be responsible for any mistakes made by the customer within the order process and we shall request that you review your order for errors and confirm acceptance, prior to us taking payment.
2. Should the products you receive differ from those ordered, be of an incorrect quantity, or are damaged or defective, we have no liability to you unless we are notified by e-mail or recorded delivery letter to our contact address within 10 working days of delivery. For products received damaged in transit we must be notified on the day of delivery. In such situations, the goods should be immediately returned to our Returns Address, as shown below in Clause 8, and once received we will offer a replacement or full refund. The customer will bear responsibility for the risk and cost of the return of the product to our Returns Address and will have the delivery charge refunded by us, but limited to a maximum of 8.00 GBP for returns from UK and EU addresses and 16.00 GBP from all other countries.
3. Should your goods not be delivered within 30 days of the order date, once we are notified, you have options that we are obliged to fulfil:
i. Replace or repair products if damaged or defective.
ii. Refund the amount paid for products by our selected payment method.
4. We are not liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, expense or damages. We are not liable to pay any compensation or money to you, other than to refund the amount you have paid for the products ordered.
5. Importing or exporting our products is subject to local national law. The customer is responsible to comply with all necessary customs legislation and regulations, and permits to purchase products from us. We accept no liability for the import or export of products that you buy from us.
All notifications of product returns from you must be sent to us by email to email@example.com
or in writing to our contact address:
1-2 Exchange Arcade
Please include the following information to be found in your order confirmation e-mail:
i. Your full name including title
ii. Sunglasses Save order number
iii. SagePay / PayPal transaction number
iv. Date of order
9. Mitigating Circumstances
We are not liable to the customer for delay or failure to deliver products, or for damage or defect to products in transit caused by factors beyond our control such as acts of God, fire, flood, explosion, accident, war, civil strikes, industrial dispute or systems failure.
If elements of the terms and conditions cannot be enforced, to include any provision whereby we exclude our liability to you, other elements of these conditions shall not affected.
11. Governing law
The contract is to be governed in accordance with English law and in cases of disputes, these will be settled in English courts
12. Entire agreement